Yes, we have adventure! There is so much to do beyond camping and music at Canoegrass! Check out all the fun you can have during the weekend. Our festival site is located on the Great Miami River about 20 minutes north of Dayton, Ohio The Outdoor Adventure Capital of the Midwest! Our area is a mecca for outdoor adventure.
Take a river trip
- Rent a canoe or kayak and take a trip down the Great Miami River Thursday, Friday or Saturday and paddle right up to the music! The Great Miami River is one of three designated water trails in the area providing beautiful scenery and great small mouth bass fishing. Rent a boat from Adventures on the Great Miami
- $50 Canoe rental available each day of the festival
- $25 kayak rental available each day of the festival
- Half the rental price to shuttle your personal boat on our trailer ($15 for kayak and $25 for canoe)
Slip and Swing
Canoegrass offers access to a stream-side rope swing for a splashing good time! We also claim to have have the greatest slip and slide in the world. You will feel like a kid again no matter your age. Access granted with your weekend pass.
- That’s right medieval jousting meets canoeing! Hop in a canoe and battle the opposition in a friendly match to see who can be the last one standing. Competitors will be required to wear a life jacket. We like things a little crazy so wear costumes to distract your competition and give those on the bank a good laugh! Register Saturday by 145 at the rope swing ramp. Friendly matches are scheduled on a first-come first served basis.
- Canoegrass is across the river from the Great Miami River Bikeway and provides convenient access to over 350 miles of paved trail to explore. This is the largest connected bikeway network in the country. We highly recommend you bring a bike for the weekend. You can put on a bunch of miles or take a leisurely ride to Tipp City or the Tadmor Historic Site at Taylorsville MetroPark in between the action at Canoegrass. In addition, we offer $20 off your ticket at the gate for those who bike camp at Canoegrass! You must carry your camping gear on your bike to get cash back at gate.
- We are on a river and there are hungry small mouth bass that live there! Pack a rod and try to land the big one from camp or on your float trip. Ohio Fishing License required.
- Take a hike. Yes, we mean it! We are minutes away from some of the most beautiful hiking trails at Charleston Falls Preserve and Taylorsville MetroPark. Definitely, a great way to forest bath before action picks up at Canoegrass.
- Adventures on the Great Miami lies across the river from the Buckeye Trail. It is a 1,400 mile loop trail that connects all four corners of the state of Ohio. Tom Helbig, festival producer, became the 15th person to thru-hike the Buckeye Trail. New this year, we offer $20 off your ticket at the gate for those who backpack to Canoegrass! You must carry your camping gear in your pack to get cash back at gate.
- So you are bringing your own boats to hang and listen to the tube jams, but are thinking maybe you want to do a little biking instead? How about a bit of both? Leave your bikes at camp and then drive up to the launch site with your boats. Paddle back to camp, peddle back to your car, and your schedule is your own. No waiting for shuttles and you can handle your own boats on your own time!
- Let’s all just admit it. We have a ROCKING bike trail system in the Miami Valley. Ever wanted to try bike camping? This is the perfect opportunity to do it close to home. So load up those panniers and make your way along the bike trail to Canoegrass. Adventures on the Great Miami camping is just across the river from the bike trail! This year we are paying you to bike camp at Canoegrass! We will give you $20 back on your admission if you choose a bike adventure. You MUST carry your camping gear on your bike to get cash back.