We are committed to reducing the carbon footprint and waste produced by our festival.
Festivals can be big producers of waste and we are passionate about minimizing our impact. All
guests are expected to support this initiative. Check out the listing of actions we are taking to
be an environmentally mindful festival.
- Food trucks are NOT permitted to use Styrofoam serving products or to sell bottled water. Aluminum or boxed beverages are preferred. Paper or eco friendly serving items are required.
- Guests are rewarded for bike packing to the event. Ticket holders receive cash back if the first mode of travel to the festival with ALL camping gear is on their bike.
- Carpooling is encouraged. A $15 parking fee is charged per vehicle to encourage this effort and support an environmental focused non-profit organization.
- Please bring a re-usable water bottle, cup, plate and utensils. Avoid single use items at camp and food trucks.
- We have a dish washing station to clean your camp kitchen items.
- Leave all unnecessary packaging at home. Do not bring new gear to the event and leave the waste with us.
- Styrofoam coolers are NOT permitted.
- Reduce the amount of single use plastic bottles you bring to the festival. Bring cans or boxed items.
- We encourage a pack in – pack out mentality. Do not bring unnecessary stuff and expect event staff to deal with broken tents, gear, floats, etc.
- Cigarette butts around the festival grounds will drive our event staff and volunteers bonkers. They are trash!!!!
- Solar lighting is use in festival areas when possible – registration, parking, merchandise tents, etc.
Tons of activities to discover, see what exciting adventures we've got at Canoegrass!!!